What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus gets its name from its shape, these round viruses are surrounded by a halo of spiky proteins that look like the sun's corona. It is a large family of viruses first seen in southern China. There are various symptoms of this virus, the latest is pneumonia-like that is obtained from Wuhan City, China on Dec. 31st, 2019, it is known as 'novel coronavirus'.
It was first identified in southern China in 2003, having symptoms like severe acute respiratory syndrome. Next, as the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012. The current version is pneumonia-like virus identified in Wuhan City, China in 2019, this is temporarily named 'Novel Coronavirus'.
How it gets transmitted?
1. Animals to humans - Generally coronavirus is transmitted from animals like cats, bats and camels. But, the current source of transmission of Novel Coronavirus is still unidentified.
2. Human to human transmission - It is also transmitted from human to human by coughing & sneezing, touching or shaking hands, touching an object having viruses on it and faecal contamination.
3. Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties
4. Headache or sore throat
Result of Severe Cases
2. Acute Respiratory Syndrome
3. Kidney Failure
There still no specific treatment for this coronavirus and even no vaccination. Only Symptomatic care is available.
1. Wash your hand thoroughly with soap, warm water or an alcohol-based sanitizer.
2. Avoid close contact with anyone having flu or cold-like symptoms.
3. Avoid contact with animals living or dead, even animal products and stop visiting animal markets.
4. Cover your nose and mouth when cough or sneezing with cloth or elbow.
5. Thoroughly cook the meat n eggs.