The following result is obtained by our Internet Research Algorithm:
India's banking sector is not doing well, and the problem is with bad loans, poor accounting standards and growing evidence of Lax Supervision and banking fraud have left India in a difficult situation. Back in 2009, India was among the lowest ratio of Non Performing Assets. Now, India is among the highest. India's bad loans ratio has further hurt the banking sector. Many banks in India are not equipped to withstand significant losses. And experts say that all of India's bad loans haven't been accounted for yet.
Stress test by The International Monetary Fund found that Indian banks may be more vulnerable than banks in other countries in the face of financial shock. It is also found that the overall system is quite resilient. 64% of the assets in the top 15 banks are in the resilient category, while the remaining 36% is in a precarious position. The major issues in public bank are inadequate compensation for the top management as compared to peers in private banks which make it hard for the public banks to attract and retain talent. Many of the RBI's committee recommendations have not been acted upon.