Following results are obtained by our Internet Research Algorithm:
Benefits of Citizenship Amendment Bill -
1. Application for Indian citizenship will get easier for Hindu, Sikh, Christen, Buddhist, Parsi and Jain refugees in India.
2. People of these religions who are persecuted minorities residing in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan can now easily move to India and apply for Indian citizenship.
3. Refugees satisfying mentioned criteria can easily apply for citizenship in India and can avail all the benefits provided by government.
Consequences of this bill -
1. Muslims have not been included in this bill, being against the secular principles enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
2. Violation of Article 14, Indian constitution prohibits religious discrimination against its citizens and guarantees all person equality before the law and equal protection of the law.
3. Refugees of above mentioned religion still have to live for at least 6 years in India to apply for citizenship.
4. Migrants cannot reside in the 6th schedule states and the states which require Inner Line Permit.
5. Nothing is mentioned for illegal migrants which is an issue for North-eastern states.
6. Nothing mentioned for Tamilians refugees from Sri Lanka and atheist.
People of any religion can apply for Indian citizenship they just have to reside in India for at least 14 years or 11 years (under certain terms).